This is an easy to make Keto recipe for breakfast. You can top them and fill them with anything your heart desires. These keto bacon bagels look delicious and you are going to love eating them!
It’s well worth making a batch of these on your days off. Store them in your fridge and chuck them in the toaster and fill with different toppings all week!
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Sesame seeds to taste
- 2 tablespoons pesto
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 cup arugula leaves
- 6 slices cooked bacon, grilled
1. Preheat oven to 390ºF.
2. In a bowl mix together the almond flour and xanthan gum. Then add the egg and mix together until well combined. Set aside. It will look like a doughy ball.
3. In a pot over a medium-low heat slowly melt the cream cheese and mozzarella together and remove from heat once melted. This can be done in the microwave as well.
4. Add your melted cheese mix to the almond flour mix and knead until well combined. The Mozzarella mix will stick together in a bit of a ball but don’t worry, persist with it. It will all eventually combine well. It’s important to get the Xanthan gum incorporated through the cheese mix. If the dough gets too tough to work, place in microwave for 10-20 seconds to warm and repeat until you have something that resembles a dough.
5. Split your dough into 3 pieces and roll into round logs. If you have a donut pan place your logs into the pan. If not, make circles with each log and join together and place on a baking tray. Try to make sure you have nice little circles. The other way to do this is to make a ball and flatten slightly on the baking tray and cut a circle out of the middle if you have a small cookie cutter.
6. Melt your butter and brush over the top of your bagels and sprinkle sesame seeds or your topping of choice. The butter should help the seeds stick. Garlic and onion powder or cheese make nice additions if you have them for savory bagels.
7. Place bagels in the oven for about 18 minutes. Keep an eye on them. The tops should go golden brown. Take the bagels out of the oven and allow to cool.
8. If you like your bagels toasted, cut them in half lengthwise and place back in the oven until slightly golden and toasty. Spread bagel with cream cheese, cover in pesto, add a few arugula leaves and top with your crispy bacon (or your filling of choice.)
This makes a total of 3 servings of Bacon Breakfast Bagels. Each serving comes out to be 605.67 Calories, 50.29g Fats, 5.76g Net Carbs, and 30.13g Protein.
This recipe for the Keto Breakfast Bacon Bagel came from YouTube (RuledMe)
Hopefully, you found this Keto Bacon Bagels Breakfast Recipe helpful. If so, please share it with your friends and family on social media. It helps me keep the lights on here at the DailyKetoCheatsheet.com!